CDC Health Information Innovation Consortium (CHIIC) August 1, 2017 Forum
Tuesday, August 1, 2017 from 10:00am – 11:00am ET
CDC Chamblee Building 106, Room 1A + webinar
- Introduction – Brian Lee – 10 minutes
- Innovative Surveillance and Assessment Techniques using Social Media to Inform STD and HIV Prevention Action – Karen Kroeger and Matthew Hogben (NCHHSTP) – 15 minutes. Evaluating Reddit, an on-line social media community, as a novel, untapped data source to monitor attitudes and behaviors among men who have sex with men (MSM) related to uptake and use of PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV) and PrEP use in the context of STD prevention. The project, which is a collaboration between NCHHSTP, and Epidemico, involves:
- Exploration of Reddit posts based on a typology of relevant search terms to gain insight into aspects of PrEP uptake and use (e.g. stigma, provider communication, side effects, specific STDs)
- A dashboard to facilitate visualization of mentions of PrEP and STIs in terms of timing, volume, distribution across digital spaces, and relationships among topics.
In this forum, we will discuss concept, methods, results to date, and implications for STD programs.
- Bioinformatic Reconstruction of the 2015 HIV Outbreak in Indiana – Ellsworth Campbell (NCHHSTP) – 25 minutes. The Microbial Transmission Network Analytic Platform (MTNAP) is the result of an AMD- funded project that leverages computational tools to simplify the integration, analysis, and visualization of disparate data by public health experts with little-to-no programming expertise. Through the use of simple web browser interfaces, MTNAP enables laboratorians and epidemiologists to readily implement cutting-edge machine learning algorithms with a few clicks.
[Full Project Description]
- Discussion & Suggestions – 10 minutes
- Innovative Surveillance and Assessment Techniques using Social Media Cdc-pdf[PDF – 1 MB]
- CHIIC Combination Slides Cdc-pdf[PDF – 3 MB]
- Bioinformatic Reconstruction of the 2015 HIV Outbreak in Indiana Cdc-pdf[PDF – 2 MB]
- Meeting Notes Cdc-pdf[PDF – 64 KB]
Tuesday, August 1, 2017 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. ET
CDC Chamblee Building 106, Room 1A + webinar via Adobe Connect
Dial-in number: 1-800-593-0825
Participant code: 7695550#
Note: Please ensure that you list your full name and organization upon signing in.
First Time Users
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before
Test your connection: https://virtualsepd.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htmExternal
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.htmlExternal