Office of Public Health Surveillance, Data, and Technology (OPHDST)
As part of CDC Moving Forward, we're forming a new Office of Public Health Data, Surveillance and Technology. Stay tuned to this website for updates.
Jennifer Layden, MD, PhD is the Acting Director for the Office of Public Health Data, Surveillance, and Technology. In this position, she is responsible for leading, coordinating, and executing a comprehensive public health data strategy and improving the availability and use of public health data to inform decision-making and action. A primary focus of Dr. Layden’s role is to provide leadership for CDC’s Data Modernization Initiative and serve as an advisor to the CDC Director.
You can learn more about the ongoing work to modernize public health data and IT through these resources:
- Website: Data Modernization Initiative
- Report: 2021 DMI Snapshot
- Timeline: Data Modernization Initiative — Notable Milestones
- Public Health Informatics Institute (May 2022): 2022 Data Modernization Workshop: Accelerating Transformational Strategies for Lasting Change
- Health IT Buzz: ONC and CDC Working Together to Strengthen Public Health Systems, Tools, and Practices that Keep Us Safe
OUR CENTERS AND OFFICES
This center compiles statistical information to guide actions and policies to improve the health of the U.S. population. Learn More