CDC Public Health Interoperability Task Force
If you are interested in joining this Task Force, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The documents/presentations posted on this website and its sub-pages were current at the time it was published or uploaded onto the web.
Federal policy changes frequently so links to the source documents have been provided within the document/presentation for your reference, where available.
The documents/presentations posted on this website were prepared as a service to the public and are not intended to grant rights or impose obligations.
These presentations may contain references or links to statutes, regulations, or other policy materials. The information provided is only intended to be a general summary. It is not intended to take the place of either the written law or regulations.
We encourage readers to review the specific statutes, regulations, and other interpretive materials for a full and accurate statement of their contents.
This Task Force has developed consensus guidance around the process requirements for public health measures included in the Promoting Interoperability and related federal programs. Public Health Agencies (PHAs) preparing for implementing these programs will have access to guidance documents created by this collaborative Task Force to implement the new processes, such as declaration of readiness, registration of intent, on-boarding/ongoing submission and acknowledgement processes. PHAs across the nation will be able to adopt this guidance according to their jurisdictional needs.
The Task Force and its workgroups usually meet on a monthly basis (3rd Wednesday of each month) via the Zoom virtual platform.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Public Health (PH) Interoperability Task Force, is a PH community driven body comprised of representatives from:
- State, Local, and Tribal Public Health Agencies
- American Immunization Registry Association (AIRA)
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE)
- International Society of Disease Surveillance (ISDS)
- Joint Public Health Informatics Taskforce (JPHIT)
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR)
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)
Task Force Chair:
Health Information Technology Policy Director
Texas Department of State Health Services.
Task Force Guidance & Artifacts
- Public Health Agency Readiness for Promoting Interoperability Programs, 2019 Onward pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB]
Task Force Comments
Comments on Proposed Rule-CMS-1693-P pdf icon[PDF – 37 KB]pdf icon
- Promoting Interoperability For Public Health Reporting Poster pdf icon[PDF – 63 KB] – 09/21/2018
- MU2 PHA Readiness Guidance Recommendations Handbook
-Version 2.0 pdf icon[PDF – 1.7 MB]
- Modified MU Stage 2 & Stage 3 PHA Readiness Guidance Recommendations Handbook pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB]
- Functionality Recommendations for Registration of Intent and On-Boarding Processes pdf icon[PDF – 1.65 MB]
Note: This document is referenced in the Stage 2 and Stage 3 Guidance document on page number 18 and 13 of the Meaningful Use Stage 2 Public Health Agency Readiness Guide.
- Guidance for Public Health Agencies- Meaningful Use in 2017 pdf icon[PDF – 1.6 MB] – 08/18/2016
- Summary Modified Stage 2 and Stage 3 EHR Meaningful Use, Public Health Requirements for EPs, and EH’s. pdf icon[PDF – 80 KB] – 08/18/2016
- Meaningful Use Public Health Reporting Requirements Task Force Guidance, MACRA Quality Payment Program (MIPS)/Meaningful Use/OPPS (Medicare Hospitals): Three federal rules pdf icon[PDF – 145 KB] – 03/22/2017
- Guidance for Public Health Agencies on CMS Centralized Repository pdf icon[PDF – 480 KB] – 03/30/2017
- MACRA Quality Payment Program (MIPS)/Meaningful Use/OPPS (Medicare Hospitals): Three federal rules. Version 1.0 (*New*) pdf icon[PDF – 699 KB]
- Decommissioning a Registry Worksheet pdf icon[PDF – 102 KB]
- PHA to Providers Correspondence Example Templatespdf icon (Note: Templates updated 12/16/2014)