Who We Are
The Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services (CSELS) is a collection of more than 30 programs that together form the backbone of much of the nation’s public health system. We provide the scientific service, expertise, skills, and tools to support CDC’s efforts to promote health, prevent disease, and prepare for emerging health threats.
Together with our partners, CSELS is working to
- Modernize public health tracking systems;
- Provide timely and useful information to clinicians and public health partners;
- Train a competent, sustainable, and empowered public health workforce;
- Strengthen the nation’s clinical laboratory system; and
- Innovate for increased effectiveness and efficiency of CDC programs.
We invite you to learn more about how CSELS tracks America’s health, strengthens laboratory networks, and is working to transform the U.S. public health system.