What We Do
The Public Health Informatics Office (PHIO) in CDC’s Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services is meeting the data and informatics needs to protect Americans from health threats. PHIO is collaborating with private and government sector partners to provide innovative data, analytics, and technology solutions for public health action.
PHIO aims to
- Provide strategic public health informatics leadership,
- Influence development and active use of public health and health IT policy and standards,
- Ensure informatics solutions are interoperable and standards-based,
- Promote public health data modernization efforts, and
- Provide interdisciplinary expertise and advisement to CDC, healthcare, and other local, state, and federal public health agencies.
Helping our partners conceptualize, plan, or implement viable solutions, projects, or programs. Learn more about our services.
eCR reduces provider burden, improves timeliness and completeness of data, and supports legal reporting requirements.
Additional details about eCR are available at https://ecr.aimsplatform.org/external icon.
Learn how PHIO is helping to provide the standards and methods to receive and send data from EHRs for public health and research.
Finding ways to translate critical information into digital approaches or products that increase guideline adoption.