01/13/2021: Lab Advisory: FDA Updates Reporting Guidance, Authorizes Update to IFU for CDC Influenza SARS-CoV-2 Multiplex Assay
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Level: Laboratory Advisory
On January 8, 2021, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized an amendment to the Instructions for Use (IFU)external icon of the CDC Influenza SARS-CoV-2 Multiplex Assay. This amendment includes the addition of two extraction instrument options and revised language for intended use. The revised language states that all SARS-CoV-2 test results – not just positive results – must be reported to public health.
Please refer to the IFU for more comprehensive information about these amendments.
- Interim Guidance for Antigen Testing for SARS-CoV-2
- How to Report COVID-19 Laboratory Data
- Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirus for Laboratories
- COVID-19 Information for Laboratories
- CDC COVID-19 website
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls
- CDC Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
Register for CDC Health Alert Network (HAN) notifications, including updates about COVID-19. Enter your email address, search for HAN, and sign up
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.