05/18/2021: Lab Advisory: CDC Updates Interim Guidance for Antigen Testing for SARS-CoV-2
Audience: Individuals Performing COVID-19 Testing
Level: Laboratory Advisory:
On May 13, 2021, CDC updated the Interim Guidance for Antigen Testing for SARS-CoV-2 web page. Refer to this guidance for more detailed updates:
- Updated guidance based on new published studies on antigen test performance.
- Clarification about which nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) should be used for confirmatory testing.
- Considerations for people who have had previous COVID-19 infections and people who have been fully vaccinated.
- Two new antigen testing algorithms, one for congregate living settings, and one for community settings.
- Updates to testing suggestions for fully vaccinated, asymptomatic people.
- Information for Laboratories about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19) for Laboratories
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website
- CDC Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.