06/08/2020: Lab Advisory: HHS Issues New CARES Act Guidance
The Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS) issued an update to this message on 03/10/2022. Please refer to the updated LOCS message for the most current information.
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Level: Laboratory Advisory
HHS Issues New CARES Act Guidance
On Thursday, June 4, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) released new guidance related to laboratory result reporting specified in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The new guidance covers entities required to report, methods for submission, required data elements, data reporting and transmission requirements, and recommendations for capturing laboratory data in electronic health records. The new guidance is now posted on CDC’s How to Report COVID-19 Laboratory Data web page.
- CDC’s Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- COVID-19 Information for Laboratories
- CDC COVID-19 website
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
- COVID-19 Pandemic Response, Laboratory Data Reporting: CARES Act Section 18115pdf iconexternal icon (HHS Guidance)
- HHS Frequently Asked Questions: Laboratory Data Reporting for COVID-19 Testingpdf iconexternal icon
- HHS Announces New Laboratory Data Reporting Guidance for COVID-19 Testingexternal icon