03/19/2020: Lab Advisory: CDC to Convene Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Weekly Calls beginning on Monday, March 23, 2020 at 3:00 PM EDT
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Level: Laboratory Advisory
CDC to Convene Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Weekly Calls Beginning on Monday, March 23, 2020 at 3:00 PM EDT
On Monday, March 23, at 3:00 PM EDT, CDC’s Division of Laboratory Systems will convene a weekly call with clinical laboratories to discuss the nation’s clinical laboratory response to coronavirus disease (COVID-19). This call is the first of a series of weekly calls the division will host to discuss hot topics and to solicit the laboratory community’s questions about the national response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls will take place every Monday at 3:00 PM ET. For Monday’s call, join online or dial in using the Zoom information below.
Please refer to the attached agenda for an outline of our first call. If you have questions you would like to submit for consideration, please email DLSinquiries@cdc.gov in advance or enter them into the chat box in Zoom during the call.
We hope you will join us on Monday. Encourage your clinical laboratory partners and colleagues to join the call as well by sharing this message today.
- CDC’s Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- COVID-19 Information for Laboratories
- CDC Interim Laboratory Biosafety Guidelines for COVID-19
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) website
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulationexternal icon
- IATA Packing Instructions external icon
- Register for CDC Health Alert Network (HAN) notifications, including updates about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus. Enter your email address, search for HAN, and sign-up
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.
Webinar ID: 327 712 608
929-205-6099/Code: 327712608# US (New York)
312-626-6799/Code: 327712608# US (Chicago)
Welcome and Introductions
- Jasmine Chaitram, CDC Division of Laboratory Systems
CDC Laboratory Response Team
- Wendi Kuhnert-Tallman, CDC Laboratory Task Force
FDA Guidance for Validating Tests for COVID-19
- Tim Stenzel, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
CLIA During Emergencies
- Karen Dyer, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
Case Investigations and Reporting Results to State Health Departments
- Janet Hamilton, Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE)
Coordinating with Public Health Laboratories
- Scott Becker, Association for Public Health Laboratories (APHL)
Practicing Laboratory Biosafety When Testing or Processing Specimens
- Bill Arndt, CDC Division of Laboratory Systems
Frequently Asked Questions