07/23/2020: Lab Advisory: CDC Publishes Primers and Probes for Research Use Only SARS-CoV-2 Multiplex Assay
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Subject: Lab Advisory: CDC Publishes Primers and Probes for Research Use Only SARS-CoV-2 Multiplex Assay
Level: Laboratory Advisory
CDC recently published the primers and probes for the Research Use Only Influenza SARS-CoV-2 (Flu SC2) Multiplex Assay, a real-time RT-PCR test that detects and differentiates RNA from SARS-CoV-2, influenza A virus, and influenza B virus in upper or lower respiratory specimens. These sequences are useful for manufacturers who intend to make their own primers and probes. Emergency Use Authorization (EUAexternal icon) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will need to be obtained if the primers and probes will be used for viral diagnostic testing of patient specimens.
For general information on the Influenza SARS-CoV-2 Multiplex Assay, refer to the CDC Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 for Laboratories.
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Weekly Calls
- CDC’s Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- COVID-19 Information for Laboratories
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 for Laboratories
- CDC COVID-19 website
- Register for CDC Health Alert Network (HAN) notifications, including updates about COVID-19. Enter your email address, search for HAN, and sign up
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.
The Laboratory Outreach Communication System
Laboratory Outreach Communication System | Division of Laboratory Systems (DLS)
Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services (CSELS)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)