07/11/2020: Lab Advisory: CDC Publishes New General Laboratory Safety Guidance
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Subject: Lab Advisory: CDC Publishes New General Laboratory Safety Guidance
Level: Laboratory Advisory
CDC recently published new online guidance to address general safety concerns for laboratory personnel during the COVID-19 pandemic. The guidance addresses social distancing, face coverings, hygiene and disinfection, as well as general risk assessments and health and safety planning.
View the new guidance.
- Information for Laboratories about COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 for Laboratories
- Free Online Laboratory Training: Fundamentals of Working Safely in a Biosafety Cabinet
- Free Online Laboratory Training: Fundamentals of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in Laboratories
- CDC’s Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- Register for CDC Health Alert Network (HAN) notifications, including updates about COVID-19. Enter your email address, search for HAN, and sign up
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.
The Laboratory Outreach Communication System
Laboratory Outreach Communication System | Division of Laboratory Systems (DLS)
Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services (CSELS)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)