12/03/2020: Lab Update: CDC Offers New COVID-19 Specimen Collection Infographics
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Level: Laboratory Update
CDC recently published two new infographics for performing nasopharyngealpdf icon (NP) and nasal mid-turbinatepdf icon (NMT) specimen collection in the Interim Guidelines for Collecting, Handling, and Testing Clinical Specimens for COVID-19. Healthcare providers can use these infographics as a resource when collecting specimens for COVID-19 testing.
- Guidance for SARS-CoV-2 Point-of-Care Testing
- Interim Guidelines for Collecting, Handling, and Testing Clinical Specimens for COVID-19
- Information for Laboratories about COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 for Laboratories
- CDC’s Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- Register for CDC Health Alert Network (HAN) notifications, including updates about COVID-19. Enter your email address, search for HAN, and sign up.
For questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.
The Laboratory Outreach Communication System
Laboratory Outreach Communication System | Division of Laboratory Systems (DLS)
Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services (CSELS)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)