Division of Health Informatics and Surveillance (DHIS)
Our Mission: To provide leadership and crosscutting support in developing public health information systems, managing public health surveillance programs, and providing health-related data required to monitor, control, and prevent the occurrence and spread of diseases and other adverse health conditions.
- Provide technical assistance for and access to multiple data sources that can be used for research, decision making, priority setting, program evaluation, and resource allocation.
- Develop information systems used by state and local health departments and CDC programs for data collection, exchange, and processing.
- Collaborate with state and local health departments to provide technical support for collecting, managing, and submitting data on notifiable diseases and conditions.
- Collaborate with other federal agencies, state and local health departments, and other organizations to support the timely exchange of syndromic data and information for nationwide situational awareness and enhanced response to hazardous events and disease outbreaks.
- National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System (NNDSS)
- National Syndromic Surveillance Program (NSSP)
- BioSense Platform
- Epi InfoTM
- Foundation Services
- Message Evaluation and Testing System (METS)
- Message Validation, Processing, and Provisioning System (MVPS)
- NEDSS Base System (NBS)
- Countermeasure and Response Administration System
- PHIN Messaging System (MS)
- PHIN Vocabulary Access and Distribution System (VADS)