DHIS Strategic Framework
No Lines, No Boxes, and No Limits
Public Health Professionals Serving Public Health
We Keep Moving and Get It Done
Timely, high-quality data guide public health decisions and actions.
Provide leadership in surveillance and informatics and support CDC and its partners with state-of-the-art information systems, capacity building services, and high-quality data to guide public health decisions and actions.
Provide expertise, services, and systems to enable CDC and its partners to share detailed, timely, high-quality case-based surveillance data to support public health practice.
- 1.1 Complete NNDSS Modernization Initiative.
- 1.2 Implement efficient operations with continuous improvements and enhancements.
- 1.3 Establish the foundation for next-generation case-based surveillance.
Provide expertise, services, and systems to enable CDC and its partners to share detailed, timely, high-quality syndromic surveillance data to support public health practice.
- 2.1 Enhance syndromic surveillance infrastructure and operations.
- 2.2 Ensure data acquisition, integrity, and quality.
- 2.3 Enhance local, state, and federal capacity for conducting syndromic surveillance.
- 2.4 Advance syndromic surveillance science and practice through innovation.
Enhance CDC access to health-related data by consolidating agency-wide data acquisitions and providing expertise and learning opportunities to advance data science at CDC.
- 3.1 Consolidate acquisition of health-related data for the agency.
- 3.2 Increase agency-wide awareness and use of the Data Hub.
- 3.3 Enhance Data Hub analytic and scientific capacity.
- 3.4 Expand interagency collaborations and public-private partnerships.
Provide software and data standards that enable CDC and its partners to collect, exchange, and use data to support public health practice.
- 4.1 Develop and maintain software used for public health information systems.
- 4.2 Provide services and enable use of data standards that support public health information systems.
- 4.3 Innovate software development processes and promote interoperability.