How to Develop Medical Surge Planning Workshops
The “How to Develop Medical Surge Planning Workshops” is a tool for community planners to help advance medical surge planning in their community through well-structured workshops. The tool is designed to aid planners in accomplishing tasks outlined in the “Community Planning Framework for Healthcare Preparedness” found here.
This tool distills the information and lessons learned from community collaborations into an easy-to-use guide on how to address seven major topic areas.
- Determining how a Workshop can aid Community Planning
- Obtaining Support for a Workshop
- Workshop Basics
- Workshop Facilitation
- How to Develop a Workshop on Models of Healthcare Delivery
- How to Develop a Workshop on an Alternate Care System
- How to Evaluate your Workshop
- The workshop development process will take several months. Planners should review Chapters 1-4 before choosing a type of medical surge workshop (e.g., a Model of Healthcare Delivery or an Alternate Care System workshop).
- This tool can help communities address Hospital Preparedness ProgramExternal (HPP) and Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) capabilities.
Please contact the team at email@example.com