The Community Planning Framework for Healthcare Preparedness
The “Community Planning Framework for Healthcare Preparedness” or “Framework” is a tool for community planners to use to enhance existing community plans for medical surge or to develop new plans from the beginning.
The Framework distills the information and lessons learned from community collaborations into an easy-to-use guide on how to address five major topic areas.
- Building Planning Teams and Coalitions
- Models of Healthcare Delivery
- Alternate Care Systems
- Essential Healthcare Services
- Crisis Standards of Care
The Framework can help communities address the Hospital Preparedness Programexternal icon (HPP) and Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) capabilities. The addressed capabilities include joint Capability 1: Community/Healthcare System Preparedness, 6: Information Sharing, and 10: Medical Surge.
The Framework contains multiple chapters, all of which can be used in sequence or independently. It can be customized for your own community’s needs. The Framework is intended to be used throughout a multiyear planning process. You may download the entire file or access each chapter as separate Word documents.
- Framework (All chapters in one file)pdf icon
- Acknowledgmentsword icon
- Chapter 1 – Introductionword icon
- Chapter 2 – Building Planning Teams and Coalitionsword icon
- Chapter 3 – Documenting Day-to-Day Healthcare Deliveryword icon
- Chapter 4 – Planning for Moderate Surgeword icon
- Chapter 5 – Planning for Heavy Surge, Part 1 (Alternate Care Systems)word icon
- Chapter 6 – Planning for Heavy Surge, Part 2 (Essential Healthcare Services)word icon
- Chapter 7 – Planning for Heavy Surge, Part 3 (Crisis Standards of Care) word icon[DOC – 60 KB]
- Chapter 8 – Conclusionword icon
- Appendicespdf icon
Please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org