Infographic: Preparedness and Response - By the Numbers
Preparedness and Response: By the Nuymbers
- $612 M In annual PHEP funds awarded to 62 jurisdictions for 2017.
- $8 M Funding for public health preparedness and response research to improve the ability of CDC and its partners to effectively respond to a wide range of public health emergencies and disasters.
- 1,786 Total CDC deployments for Zika.
- 530 CDC staff, including staff deployed to the field, during the responses to Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria.
- 181 Inspections of laboratories registered to handle select agents and toxins conducted by the Federal Select Agent Program (FSAP) in 2016.
- 3,758 Federal, state, territorial, and local emergency responders trained on how toreceive and distribute products from the Strategic National Stockpile.
- 90 CDC field staff assigned to 58 different PHEP awardee locations in 2017.
- 19 Countries sent public health leaders to CDC headquarters for emergency management training.
- 69 Peer-reviewed publications and Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports authored by OPHPR staff.
- 22,776 Incoming calls to CDC’s Emergency Operations Center responded to from the public; state health departments; clinicians; and hospitals.
Page last reviewed: September 25, 2020, 04:45 PM
Content source: Center for Preparedness and Response