Resources for Preparedness
The following tools can be adapted for MERS-CoV. They were initially developed to assist public health, healthcare, and emergency management in preparing for and reducing surge on the healthcare system due to influenza pandemic and SARS.
- Public Health Guidance for Community-Level Preparedness and Response to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) Version 2/3* Appendix C2: Checklist for SARS Preparedness in Healthcare Facilities Please note: the above Hospital checklist is more comprehensive and reflects newer guidance.
- Hospital Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist [10 pages] used to assess and improve preparedness for an influenza pandemic
- Hospital 2009 H1N1 Readiness Review Checklist [5 pages] supplements existing hospital emergency management plans and focuses on responding to a surge in patients.
- Coordinating Pediatric Medical Care during an Influenza Pandemic Workbook [1.4 MB, 81 pages] assists hospitals with coordinating medical care for pediatric influenza-like illness within their communities
- Hospital All-Hazards Assessment Interactive Tool [3.2 MB, 1 page] used to assess and identify potential gaps in a facility’s all-hazards emergency plans
- MERS Reporting Form [1 page]
- MERS Specimen Collection/Shipping Guidelines
- Institute of Medicine Crisis Standards of Care
- Clinical Guidance on the Identification and Evaluation of Possible SARS-CoV Disease among Persons Presenting with Community-Acquired Illness (version 2)
- Abbreviated Pandemic Influenza Plan Template for Primary Care Provider Offices [12 pages] For primary care providers and office managers plan for an increase in patient calls and visits
- Pandemic Influenza Pediatric Office Plan Template [32 pages] For pediatric medical offices that may experience an increase in pediatric patient calls/visits or workload due to pandemic influenza.
- Pediatric Stakeholder Meeting: Communication Tool For coordinating communication and disseminating information
- Coordinating Call Centers for Responding to Pandemic Influenza and Other Public Health Emergencies: A Workbook for State and Local Planners [3.8 MB, 242 pages] For developing a coordinated call center system
- Managing Calls and Call Centers during a Large Scale Influenza Outbreak: Implementation Tool For triaging calls to the community 9-1-1 system and re-directing non-critically ill patients
- Page last reviewed: July 13, 2016
- Page last updated: July 13, 2016
- Content source: