Health Equity in Action
Health equity is achieved when everyone has a fair and just opportunity to attain their highest level of health. We all have a role to play to address injustices and overcome obstacles to health and health care. During the COVID-19 response, CDC continues to focus its health equity efforts on populations placed at higher risk for COVID-19 and other severe outcomes. Learn more about CDC’s work with funded partners to help reduce health disparities related to COVID-19 by reading the project showcases below.
Visit the CDC COVID-19 Response Health Equity Strategy to learn more.
Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum Forging Partnerships
Populations of focus: People from Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander (AA and NH/PI) communities who are at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 (including disproportionately affected essential workers, multigenerational households, and people with diabetes) in the metropolitan areas of Seattle, Washington and New York City, New York; Northern California; and all islands of Hawaii
Purpose: Create (AA and NH/PI) community partnerships to provide translated COVID-19 messages to meet the unique needs, strengths, and preferences of the communities.
Partners: Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum, Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs, Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations, Coalition for Asian American Children and Families, National Council of Asian Pacific Americans, NYU Center for the Study of Asian American Health, Pacific Islander Center of Primary Care Excellence, Pacific Islander Community Association of Washington, Papa Ola Lokahi, Progressive Vietnamese American Organization, Southeast Asia Resource Action Center, Tzu Chi USA, and Vietnamese American Roundtable
More on Health Equity
- Health Equity and Disparities
- Health Equity Guiding Principles
- Racism and Health
- Social Determinants of Health
- What We Can Do to Promote Health Equity
- Equity in Adult Vaccination
- A Guide for Community Partners: Increasing COVID-19 Vaccine Uptake Among Members of Racial and Ethnic Minority Communities pdf icon[1.7 MB, 22 Pages]
- COVID-19 Vaccine Equity: Best Practices for Community and Faith-Based Organizations pdf icon[332 KB, 2 Pages]
- Motivate to Vaccinate: National Month of Action for COVID-19 Vaccinesexternal icon (July 8, 2021)
- Promising Practices in Health Equityexternal icon (June 2, 2020)
- Print Resources
Posters, guides, checklists
- Resources for Disproportionately Affected Communities