About Coordinated Chronic Disease Prevention
Work collaboratively with state and community partners to efficiently and effectively implement chronic disease prevention and health promotion strategies.
Promote a focused Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion agenda.
- Implement cohesive and mutually reinforcing chronic disease prevention efforts.
- Identify high priority strategies that engage diverse partners who influence public health and healthcare systems.
- Select and use a common set of health and quality of life indicators.
Maximize efficient use of resources.
- Foster an understanding of NCCDPHP’s collective assets in order to best capitalize on available subject matter experts, technical assistance, and other personnel and funding resources.
- Standardize and strengthen performance monitoring and administrative processes.
- Develop, catalogue, and share tools and trainings.
Improve our support for and share our technical expertise with states and communities.
- Connect national, state, and local partners to each other to facilitate sharing of expertise, promising or best practices, and solutions to challenges and barriers.
- Connect national, state, and local partners to NCCDPHP subject matter experts and resources.
- Develop CDC and state capacity in epidemiology, policy and environmental approaches, communications, evaluation, partnerships, health systems, and community-clinical links.
- Increase knowledge of state context including disease burden, organization of state government, population demographics, environmental and economic factors, health priorities, state politics, and history.
Support chronic disease prevention and health promotion programs in every state.
- Encourage innovative practices and implementation of evidence-based strategies.
- Maintain consistent communication with state health officials, chronic disease and health promotion directors, and program managers.
- Provide data that is useful for state-level public health program planning and evaluation.
- Disseminate best and promising practices.
Improve population health.
- Identify and disseminate effective approaches to health equity by sharing lessons learned and advances in chronic disease prevention and health promotion programming.
- Promote crosscutting and comprehensive evidence-based interventions through national and state chronic disease funding opportunity announcements.
- Page last reviewed: March 11, 2015
- Page last updated: March 11, 2015
- Content source: