By 2006, many scientists had recognized the need to prepare for the impact climate change will likely have on health, both in the U.S. and worldwide. The CDC Climate and Public Health Framework was created in the same year to address this issue. In 2009, CDC formally established the Climate and Health Program.
Our mission is to:
- Lead efforts to identify populations vulnerable to climate change.
- Prevent and adapt to current and anticipated health impacts.
- Ensure that systems are in place to detect and respond to current and emerging health threats.
For more information on CDC's Climate and Health Program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Page last reviewed: October 4, 2010
- Page last updated: February 2, 2015
- Content Source: