Outbreak Response Resources
Cholera outbreaks can spread rapidly, cause many deaths, and quickly become a serious public health issue. It is nearly impossible to prevent cholera from being introduced into an area, but the spread of disease can be prevented through early detection, confirmation of cases, and a coordinated, timely, and effective response.
Listed below are resources for outbreak responders.
CDC. Cholera Haiti Outbreak Training Course
- Cholera Training Manual: A Full Course for Healthcare Providers
- Training on Management of Cholera – Short Course Cdc-pdf[PDF – 64 pages]
- Participant Agenda – Departmental Level (French) Cdc-pdf[PDF – 1 page]
- Instructor’s Syllabus (Departmental Level)
- CDC. Clinical Presentation and Management Materials
- CDC. Managing Dehydration Video
- CDC. Pocket Guide for a Cholera Treatment Center (CTC)
- Médecins Sans Frontières. Medical Supplies Guidelines
- CDC. Oral Rehydration Points: Planning and Guidance Cdc-pdf[PDF – 6 pages]