Due to the large volume of requests and limited resources, we cannot accept any standard or Fast Track CE requests for educational activities before January 1, 2020.
CDC’s Continuing Education (CE) Team provides accreditation services to
- CDC programs that are developing an educational activity and
- CDC partners that are developing an educational activity that have received funding from a CDC grant, cooperative agreement, interagency agreement, or contract that conveys the intention to use the funding for training or workforce development.
When a CDC center, institute, or office (CIO) develops an activity with a partner or contract organization, a staff member from that CIO is responsible for completing the CE request or overseeing any contractor or partner who assists with the proposal.
See Formats of CE Activities for a list of supported educational activity formats.
Steps to take for Standard Accreditation
- Assign a developer from your organization to complete the CE proposal (a required document) and ensure it meets requirements.
- Establish a planning committee. The planning committee must include CDC representatives of the health practice for which CE is requested.
See Types of CE Provided for a complete list of health professions supported by CDC’s Continuing Education program.
- Complete this CE Request form Cdc-word[DOC – 126 KB] and submit it to CErequests@cdc.gov as soon as you begin planning the educational activity.
Plan to allow 4 to 6 months for the CDC CE team to complete the process for a conference and 2 to 4 months for other educational activities
Note: A CDC CE team member will email you an activity number, a responsibility agreement, and a timeline, and will assign a CE consultant and a nurse planner (if applicable).
- Wait for a call from your CE consultant. The CE consultant will discuss the CE process and outline the required documents you need to prepare for your proposal.
Fast Track to Educational Accreditation
The Fast Track program is a streamlined process to accredit your educational activity within 20 business days. Fast Track is only available to CDC programs and not CDC partners. Visit the Fast Track to Educational Accreditation page for more information.