CDC-INFO’s mission is to provide tools that people and communities need to protect their health—by promoting health; preventing disease, injury and disability; and preparing for new health threats. CDC-INFO is here for you in emergencies, using additional agents and extended hours as needed to support CDC’s response.
How and when can I reach CDC-INFO?
- By phone: 1-800-CDC-INFO (232-4636); TTY 888-232-6348
- By e-mail: www.cdc.gov/info
- Service available in English and Spanish
- Send questions 24/7 through the e-mail web form link above
Order or download free publications 24/7 from CDC-INFO On Demand.
CDC-INFO agents are here to answer calls
Monday through Friday, 8 am-8 pm EST, with the exception of certain holidays and extended hours. CDC-INFO will be closed on:
- New Year’s Day (Monday, January 2, 2017)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Monday, Jan. 16, 2017)
- Washington’s Birthday (Monday, February 20, 2017)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 29, 2017)
- Independence Day (Tuesday, July 4, 2017)
- Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 4, 2017)
- Veteran’s Day (Friday, Nov. 10, 2017)
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, Nov. 23, 2017)
- Christmas Day (Monday, Dec. 25, 2017)
How does CDC-INFO support CDC?
- Contact center answers about 300,000 inquiries a year, on topics including Zika, Ebola, HIV/AIDS, measles, seasonal flu, harmful algal blooms, travel vaccines and foodborne outbreaks
- Responded to more than 3.1 million telephone inquiries and 620,000 pieces of correspondence since receiving first call and e-mail in February 2005
- Provides information on more than 750 health and safety topics
- Responded to more than 3,000 inquiries about seasonal influenza in 2016; more than 109,000 inquiries about flu in 2014
- Have handled hundreds of inquiries on various CDC health promotions about topics including autism, tobacco use, and BSE (mad cow disease)
- CDC-INFO Publications Warehouse distributes more than 11,000 units per day (2016 average)
- All publications on CDC-INFO On Demand are available to the public free of charge, and many are available for immediate download
- About 3,000 documents are downloaded from the CDC-INFO On Demand website every month
- Page last reviewed: November 30, 2016
- Page last updated: March 27, 2017
- Content Source: