Careers and Roles in Public Health
Skill: Collaborative Performance
As part of the leading national public health protection agency in the United States, each public health professional plays a key role in helping to protect the world from the threat of deadly diseases, such as HIV/AIDS, malaria, and tuberculosis. It is an immense responsibility, and having a wide range of expertise, whether scientific or nonscientific, helps CDC carry out this vital mission.
This section will strengthen your student’s ability to work collaboratively with a team to achieve a common goal.
Students will learn how to:
- Develop roles and expectations for leaders and team members to maximize performance
- Investigate leadership skills and group dynamics
- Leverage diverse skills sets to enhance teamwork
- Use case scenarios to solve a problem as a team
- Investigate strategies for effective communication