Prepare Application Information
Prepare your application materials
- Update your resume or CV, and have the following information ready for application prompts: contact information; college education and professional development; work and volunteer experience; publications, presentations, grants, honors and awards.
- Write your personal statement. A personal statement typically includes:
- how you became interested in teaching public health,
- the benefit to students for incorporating public health topics into your day-to-day curriculum,
- a description of your responsibilities and challenges in one of your official leadership positions (e.g., department chair, board member, club officer, advisory group, teacher association representative),
- an example of when you formally shared your work in the teaching community, and
- how you plan to promote public health in the teaching community.
- Identify one person to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
Page last reviewed: October 23, 2019