State Race Ethnicity Suppress
This variable was created specifically for this database. It provides the selection of states that are eligible to be included in a state-level analysis of race and ethnicity combined.
Considerations for Use
- States have the option to suppress race-specific and Hispanic ethnicity-specific data. While these states can be included in an aggregated analysis, the affected state’s race and ethnicity information cannot be reported at the state level.
- This variable should be used when conducting state-level analyses of race and ethnicity combinations. If you are conducting a state-level analysis of race or ethnicity only, you should make restrictions manually in the SEER*Stat Selection tab.
- The following states have state-level race or ethnicity data presentation restrictions—
- Data for American Indian and Alaska Native people cannot be displayed for Delaware, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, New Jersey, and New York.
- Data for Asian and Pacific Islander people cannot be displayed for Delaware, Kansas, and Kentucky.
- Hispanic ethnicity data cannot be displayed for Delaware, Kentucky, and Massachusetts.
- Race and ethnicity combinations—White Hispanic, White non-Hispanic, Black Hispanic, and Black non-Hispanic—cannot be displayed for Delaware, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania.
- For more information, please refer to the Race recode for USCS and Origin recode NHIA (Hispanic, Non-Hisp) variable descriptions.