U.S. and Puerto Rico Data (2005–2017) Analyses Checklist
U.S. Cancer Statistics Public Use Database
- If a user-defined primary site variable was created (rather than using the Site recode ICD-O-3/WHO 2008 variable)—
- Did you exclude leukemias and lymphomas (9590–9992)?
- Did you consider excluding Kaposi sarcoma (9140) and mesothelioma (9050–9055)?
For more information, see Primary Site Variables.
- If your analysis includes histology, and if appropriate for the cancer site, did you use the Diagnostic Confirmation variable to specify the analysis be limited to Microscopically confirmed cases?
- If you are analyzing sex-specific cancers (such as prostate cancer or female breast cancer), did you limit the analysis to the appropriate sex to get the correct population denominator?
- When reporting rates, have you included the label “per 100,000 persons,” “per 100,000 women,” or “per 100,000 men”?
- Have you included citations for the—
- Percentage of United States population coverage provided by the database?
- NPCR and SEER Incidence – U.S. Cancer Statistics 2005–2017 Public Use Research Database?