Registry Plus™ Utility Programs Technical Information and Installation
Note: The information on this page refers to the utilities available as of June 2019: NorthCon18.exe with its associated library nconv180.dll.
Registry Plus programs work with 32- and 64-bit Microsoft® Windows® operating systems on x86-compatible processors. The minimum hardware requirements are the same as those of the Microsoft Windows operating system used.
Additional system requirements include—
- Microsoft® Windows® operating environments: Windows 7/8/10.
- 2 GB RAM.
- Latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer (recommended).
- At least 1 GB of free hard disk space.
Installing and Upgrading Utility Programs
Before you install or upgrade Utility Programs, please read the following information.
- Individual NorthCon conversion installations can be stored on the same computer. Installing NorthCon18 will not overwrite prior versions of NorthCon.
- If someone else is responsible for maintenance of your computer, you may not be able to install software. In this case, consult the maintainer of your computer for assistance. If you are installing programs on Windows 8 or higher, you will be prompted to enter an administrator user ID and password.
- If you are upgrading or reinstalling an existing version of the Utility Programs, uninstall the existing Utility Programs according to the procedures of your operating system.
When NorthCon18 is uninstalled, the RegPlus\RPUtils folder will remain, but the NorthCon18 folder will be deleted. No NorthCon database or configuration settings will be preserved. The default installation folder is C:RegPlus\RPUtils\Northcon180. You may install the Utility Programs on the drive and folder of your choosing; however, the location will not be preserved for subsequent installations.
NorthCon18 is released as a zip file containing an installer .exe, documentation, and supplementary files.
- Download zip file from Utility Programs to your computer.
- Unzip the downloaded file to access the installer and its documentation.
- When installed, click the Windows Start button and select Northcon180, or navigate to the Registry Plus group and select Northcon180.
Files Included with NorthCon18 Zip File
- Northcon v18 Release Notes.docx – explanation of v18 changes
- NorthCon18 instructions.docx – instructions for running NorthCon18
- NorthCon18 API documentation.docx – explanation of API functions
- Setup.exe – NorthCon18 installer
- Setup.msi – secondary installer (used by setup.exe)
The installer installs the following files—
- NorthCon18.exe: NorthCon executable file with user interface.
- nconv180.dll: NorthCon DLL used by NorthCon18.exe. Can also be used directly by application developers.