Collaboration Guide for Pacific Island Cancer and Chronic Disease Programs
CDC developed this publication, Collaboration Guide for Pacific Island Cancer and Chronic Disease Programs pdf icon[PDF-1.5MB] (or the Pacific Island Collaboration Guide), to help comprehensive cancer control (CCC) programs and coalitions and other chronic disease and school-based programs and coalitions work together. This guide includes practical advice and tools for staff working in CCC programs in the Pacific that are funded by CDC’s National Comprehensive Cancer Control Program and their partners.
Other chronic disease and school-based programs and coalitions that are working to prevent and control cancer can also use this guide. In addition, Pacific Island jurisdiction health department staff can use it to develop noncommunicable (chronic) disease plans or to implement specific strategies in these plans.
The Pacific Island Collaboration Guide has information on how to—
- Work with partners on collaborative projects.
- Make the best use of your partners’ time so they don’t get burned out.
- Leverage resources to support collaborative work.
- Support policy changes to prevent and control chronic diseases.
- Share and use data across chronic disease programs.
- Evaluate collaborative efforts and report on progress.
This guide is not meant to be comprehensive, but to provide specific advice and tips about working with partners. For example, the evaluation section does not provide information on how to conduct evaluations, but on how to track your progress and make the best use of existing expertise and resources.
The following documents are blank copies of the tools used in this guide, as well as some additional tools and sample documents from award recipients. They can be used as-is or adapted to fit your needs.
- Identify Chronic Disease Partners Work Sheet word icon[DOC-40KB]
- Compile Program Details Work Sheet word icon[DOC-35KB]
- Sample Meeting Agenda word icon[DOC-33KB]
- Identify Common Interests and Collaborative Activities Work Sheet word icon[DOC-36KB]
- Develop a Collaborative Action Plan Work Sheet word icon[DOC-35KB]
- How to Fix Partnership Problems: The Five Whys Work Sheet word icon[DOC-33KB]
- Sample Memorandum of Understanding Template word icon[DOC-25KB]
- Identify Resources Work Sheet word icon[DOC-36KB]
- Share Information About Your Resource Needs Work Sheet word icon[DOC-37KB]
- Track Your Resources Work Sheet word icon[DOC-36KB]
- Identify Common Policy Interests Work Sheet word icon[DOC-36KB]
- Identify Data Work Sheet word icon[DOC-46KB]
- Sample Data-Sharing and Usage Agreement word icon[DOC-26KB]
- Sample Interagency Data-Sharing Agreement word icon[DOC-33KB]
- Track Your Progress Work Sheet word icon[DOC-40KB]