Partnership Development Toolkit and Resources
The Partnership Development Toolkit [PDF-4.5MB] is designed to help National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP) grant recipients maintain, grow, and develop new partnerships with many types of organizations. The toolkit provides a range of resources to help programs across varying levels of experience. For programs with little partner experience, it provides basic information on starting partnerships and conducting public relations activities. For those with more partner experience, the toolkit offers fact sheet templates, new partner ideas, and other branding tools to boost partnership efforts. The contents of the toolkit are grouped into three main categories—
- Partnership Development Resources: Build on a program’s partnership development skills with tips and sample outreach materials.
- Materials for Distribution by Programs: Make the case for partnerships with external audiences, such as existing and potential partners or women.
- Branding Tools: Highlight the program’s affiliation to the national program through co-branding.
The toolkit features fact sheets about the NBCCEDP program, breast cancer, and cervical cancer, which can be used with potential partners and women.
- About the Program: Provides key background information about NBCCEDP including goals, target audiences, and achievements. Versions feature images for general population, American Indian, and Hispanic women. This fact sheet is included in the main toolkit file.
- Breast Cancer Facts: Explains breast cancer risk, symptoms, and screening recommendations. Versions feature images for the general population [PDF-347KB] and African American, [PDF-452KB] American Indian, [PDF-488KB] Asian American, [PDF-434KB] and Hispanic [PDF-484KB] women.
- Cervical Cancer Facts: Explains cervical cancer risk, symptoms, and screening recommendations. Versions feature images for the general population [PDF-395KB] and African American, [PDF-454KB] American Indian, [PDF-434KB] Asian American, [PDF-571KB] and Hispanic [PDF-498KB] women.
Note: When the toolkit references customizable materials, customization is available only to NBCCEDP grant recipients. If you have any questions about the toolkit, please contact CDC’s Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Program Services Branch at (770) 488-4880.