Key Messages for Providers
- There is no recommended population-based screening strategy or test for vaginal or vulvar cancer.
- Most vaginal and vulvar cancers are caused by HPV.
- HPV vaccination can reduce the risk of developing these cancers.
- Vaginal and vulvar cancers can have urogynecologic symptoms.
- If a patient has suspected or confirmed vaginal or vulvar cancer, refer her to a gynecologic oncologist.
- Page last reviewed: September 14, 2015
- Page last updated: September 14, 2015
- Content source: