Talking Points for Patients
Here are some talking points for your patients based on common concerns—
- Talk to a health care provider if you experience persistent symptoms of—
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Abnormal vaginal discharge.
- Pelvic pain or pressure.
- Know your maternal and paternal family health history of cancer, and share it with your health care provider.
- Maintain an ideal body weight, with a body mass index (BMI) between 18.5 and 24.9.1
- Taking birth control pills is associated with a lower uterine cancer risk. Talk to your health care provider about your contraceptive choices. Birth control pills have risks and benefits and are not specifically recommended to prevent any cancer.
1CDC. Assessing Your Weight.