Signs and Symptoms
The most common symptoms of uterine cancer are—1 2 3
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding or discharge.
- Abnormal pain or pressure in the pelvis.
Uterine cancer should be considered in—
- Postmenopausal women with any vaginal bleeding.
- Premenopausal or perimenopausal women who report changes in their bleeding pattern (such as heavy or prolonged bleeding), especially those with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and/or a history of oligo-ovulation or infertility.
- Premenopausal or postmenopausal obese women with abnormal bleeding.
2DeVita VT Jr, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA, DePinho RA, and Weinberg RA. Devita, Hellman, and Rosenberg’s Cancer: Principles and Practice of Oncology (8th ed.). Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2008.
3Schottenfeld D, Fraumeni J Jr. Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention (3rd ed.). Eastbourne, UK; WB Saunders Co., 1982.