Talking Points for Patients
Here are some talking points for patients based on common concerns—
- Know your maternal and paternal family health history of cancer, and share it with your health care provider.
- Taking birth control pills is associated with lower ovarian cancer risk. Talk to your health care provider about your contraceptive choices. Birth control pills have risks and benefits and are not specifically recommended to prevent any cancer.
- Talk to your health care provider if you have the symptoms listed below for 2 weeks or longer—
- Abdominal or pelvic pain.
- Early satiety.
- Changes in urination (such as increased frequency or urgency).