Inside Knowledge About Gynecologic Cancer
The Inside Knowledge campaign raises awareness of the five main types of gynecologic cancer: cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, and vulvar. Inside Knowledge encourages women to pay attention to their bodies, so they can recognize any warning signs and seek medical care. Inside Knowledge offers a variety of television and radio public service announcements in English and Spanish, as well as other videos and educational resources for women and health care providers.
Videos, PSAs, Posters, and More!
Learn About Gynecologic Cancer
Inside Knowledge provides materials in English and Spanish to help women learn about the five most common gynecologic cancers.
Inside Knowledge provides resources to women, for health care providers, and organizations to share with patients and communities.
- NEW! Shareable buttons and badges.
- NEW! Short animated videos
- Information about each of the most common gynecologic cancers: cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, and vulvar
NEW! Family History and Cancer Fact Sheet
Printable version [PDF-1.2MB]
- Provider continuing education (CE) on gynecologic cancers
- Information about how and why Inside Knowledge was developed
- Johanna’s Law (Gynecologic Cancer Education and Awareness Act of 2005) [PDF-49KB]
- Campaign research
Share Your Story
If you’re a survivor of cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, or vulvar cancer, please consider sharing your story here. Send a note to CDC-INFO and we’ll get in touch with you. Please include “Inside Knowledge, Personal Story” in the subject line.
What We Need to Know About Gynecologic Cancers
“Once upon a time, women were told to get a Pap test every year. But times and recommendations have changed,” writes Cynthia Gelb, director of CDC’s Inside Knowledge campaign, in this blog post.