Inside Knowledge: Get the Facts About Gynecologic Cancer
The Inside Knowledge campaign raises awareness of the five main types of gynecologic cancer: cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, and vulvar. Inside Knowledge encourages women to pay attention to their bodies, so they can recognize any warning signs and seek medical care.
Inside Knowledge television and radio public service announcements in English and Spanish feature actress Cote de Pablo. Ms. de Pablo talks about her own cervical cancer scare and shares advice for other women. And check out the posters telling Cote’s story, as well as our Behind-the-Scenes videos from filming!
Inside Knowledge also has other TV and radio PSAs that highlight gynecologic cancer symptoms. The PSAs encourage women to learn the symptoms, and pay attention to what their bodies are telling them.
PSAs, Posters, and More!
Inside Knowledge has resources for women, and for health care providers and organizations to share with their patients and communities.
- NEW! Shareable buttons and badges.
- Information about each of the most common gynecologic cancers: cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, and vulvar
- Provider continuing education (CE) on gynecologic cancers
- Information about how and why Inside Knowledge was developed
- Johanna’s Law (Gynecologic Cancer Education and Awareness Act of 2005) [PDF-49KB]
- Campaign research
- Annual report on major Inside Knowledge highlights, milestones, and activities [PDF-2.1MB]
Share Your Story
If you’re a survivor of cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, or vulvar cancer, please consider sharing your story here. Send a note to CDC-INFO and we’ll get in touch with you. Please include “Inside Knowledge, Personal Story” in the subject line.
Some women have changes in their BRCA genes that raise their risk for getting ovarian, breast, and other kinds of cancer at a young age. The Know:BRCA tool can help you understand your risk for having a BRCA gene mutation.