Human papillomavirus (HPV) is the main risk factor for vaginal and vulvar cancers. About 65% of vaginal cancers and about 50% of vulvar cancers are linked to HPV.
Other risk factors include—
- Immunosuppression (for example, HIV/AIDS).
- History of cervical pre-cancer, cervical cancer, or anal cancer.
- For vaginal cancer, in utero exposure to diethylstilbestrol (DES).
Answer the question on your own and check your answer.
Answer: Persistent vaginal itching, pain with intercourse, and abnormal vaginal discharge or bleeding.
- Persistent vaginal itching
- Pain with intercourse
- Abnormal vaginal discharge or bleeding
- Gastrointestinal upset