Talking Points for Patients
Collect the following information about both your mother’s and father’s sides of the family and share it with your health care provider—
- Number of relatives with cancer and their relationship to you.
- Type of cancer diagnosed (such as colon or breast).
- Ages when the cancers were diagnosed.
- Whether anyone had cancer of both breasts.
- Whether anyone had both breast and ovarian cancer.
- Presence of breast cancer in a male relative.
- Ashkenazi (Eastern European) Jewish ancestry.