DP20-2002: Partnerships to Increase Colorectal Cancer Screening in Clinical Settings
This page provides an overview and general information for applicants interested in applying for CDC-RFA-DP20-2002, Public Health and Health Systems Partnerships to Increase Colorectal Cancer Screening in Clinical Settingsexternal icon (DP20-2002).
DP20-2002 is a five-year notice of funding opportunity (NOFO). Its purpose is to implement evidence-based interventions in primary care clinics that provide clinical services to populations with low colorectal cancer screening rates to increase clinic-level screening rates. This will be accomplished through partnerships with health systems, individual primary clinics, and partner organizations to conduct the following activities—
- Establish partnerships with health systems and primary care clinics to implement as least two of four evidence-based interventions (EBIs) recommended in The Community Guide (client reminders,external icon provider reminders,external icon reduction of structural barriers,external icon and provider assessment and feedbackexternal icon).
- Establish partnerships with organizations that provide expertise to support the implementation of EBIs in primary care clinics.
- Conduct a formal assessment of each clinic’s capacity/readiness to implement EBIs.
- Use the clinic assessment to select appropriate EBIs to implement.
- Provide resources to partner clinics to provide and support completion of follow-up colonoscopies after a positive or abnormal screening test.
- Collect and submit high-quality clinic-level data including baseline and annual colorectal cancer screening rates.
Questions and Answers
- CDC’s Colorectal Cancer Control Program
- The Community Guideexternal icon
- United States Cancer Statistics Data Visualizations Tool
- Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T.external icon
- Workplan template word icon[DOCX-19KB]
- Success story template word icon[DOCX-21KB]
- Memorandum of understanding and memorandum of agreement requirements pdf icon[PDF-19KB]
- Clinic data collection overview pdf icon[PDF-132KB]
- Clinic implementation readiness assessment guidance pdf icon[PDF-132KB]