Risk Assessment Tools for Women at High Genetic Risk for Breast and Ovarian Cancer
Identifying individuals at increased risk for developing a hereditary cancer is the critical first step in the process of reducing the incidence of some cancers. Health care providers can use the following risk assessment tools, decision aids, and resources to identify and manage their patients who may be at high risk for hereditary breast and ovarian cancer. Providers can also use the tools to increase their understanding of the risk factors that put women at high genetic risk for breast and ovarian cancer.
Genetics Risk Assessment Tools and Resources
- Know:BRCA Clinical Decision Support Tool
- Breast Cancer Genetics Referral Screening Tool (B-RST)
- HBOC Case Study CME Training
Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Tools
- National Institutes of Health — Families SHARE: Sharing Health Assessment and Risk Evaluation
- National Cancer Institute Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Tool
The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force offers additional tools for identifying breast cancer risk and determining the need for genetic counseling for patients, including the Pedigree Assessment Tool and The Ontario Family History Assessment Tool.