High Blood Pressure Statistics and Maps
About 1 of 3 U.S. adults—or about 75 million people—has high blood pressure.1 The reports and other information in this section can serve as resources to public health officials and other health professionals who need up-to-date information about high blood pressure:
- High Blood Pressure Facts
- High Blood Pressure Maps and Data Sources
- High Blood Pressure Statistical Reports for Health Professionals
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports (MMWRs) About Blood Pressure
This infographic snapshot of blood pressure in the United States also provides more information on how high blood pressure affects Americans.
- Merai R, Siegel C, Rakotz M, Basch P, Wright J, Wong B; DHSc., Thorpe P. CDC Grand Rounds: A Public Health Approach to Detect and Control Hypertension. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016 Nov 18;65(45):1261-1264