Biomonitoring: Making a Difference
Let’s review what biomonitoring can — and can’t — do. Then, check out the resources below for more information about biomonitoring.
Learn more about how biomonitoring shapes the policies that affect our health.
- National Biomonitoring Program
- State Biomonitoring Cooperative Agreement
- National Biomonitoring Network
- National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals and Updated Tables
- Agency for Toxic Substance and Disease Registry (ATSDR) Toxicological Profiles
- Biomonitoring Summary: Lead
- Biomonitoring Summary: Cotinine
Learn more about how biomonitoring helps us understand nutrition.
- Second National Report on Biochemical Indicators of Diet and Nutrition in the U.S. Population 2012
- Folic Acid Fortification Fact Sheetpdf icon
- Biomonitoring Summary: Folic Acid Fortificationpdf icon
- Biomonitoring Study: Plasma trans-fatty acid concentrations in fasting adults declined from NHANES 1999-2000 to 2009-2010
Learn more about how biomonitoring helps us respond to public health emergencies.
Page last reviewed: October 1, 2020
Content source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention