The Big Test: How We Experience Short-Term Stress
Download this Activity
Activity Component Lesson Plan [PDF - 159 KB]
In this activity, teachers will induce mild stress in students by announcing they are about to have a quiz that will be a major part of their grade. Once students learn that this is not true, they will describe their physical and mental changes in response to this stress.
- Experience and describe a situation of short-term stress
- Record and analyze their physical and mental reactions to the stressful situation
- Make generalizations about how humans react to short-term stress, including that different people respond to stress in different ways
This activity fulfills science and health education standards.
BAM! Body and Mind Resources:
- Page last reviewed: May 9, 2015
- Page last updated: May 9, 2015
- Content source: