Download this Activity
Activity Component Lesson Plan [PDF – 425 KB]
Students research the types of diseases and health crises that frequently arise in the wake of a natural disaster, with special focus on disasters in the United States that cause flooding. Then, they explore ways in which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other emergency agencies, work to mitigate the health dangers when a disaster occurs.
- Research and describe health issues that threaten a community after a natural disaster that causes flooding strikes
- Research and describe how the CDC and other agencies respond to mitigate the danger of disease following a natural disaster
BAM! Body and Mind Resources:
- The Buzz on Scuzz — Teaches the best hand washing techniques and why it’s so important to wash your hands.
- Page last reviewed: August 28, 2018
- Page last updated: August 28, 2018
- Content source: