Tools For Partners
CDC’s works with many partners to increase education, awareness, and research about arthritis and improve arthritis and quality of life. Partners can find tools and information for state and national arthritis programs in this section.
CDC recognizes several evidence-based physical activity and self-management education programs that are proven to improve the quality of life for adults with arthritis. Some of these community-based programs are also available in Spanish.
Learn about the programs that CDC recognizes or considers promising.
CDC has developed communication materials and evidence-based public awareness campaigns to promote physical activity and self-management education as useful ways to manage arthritis.
CDC has developed a variety of tools to support the dissemination and implementation of proven interventions.
- Spread the Word: Marketing Self-Management Education Through Ambassador Outreach
- The 1.2.3 Approach to Provider Outreach
- Compendium of Arthritis-Appropriate Interventions
- ASMP/CDSMP Meta-Analysis Executive Summary
- Self-Management Education Issue Briefs
CDC and partners have developed information to describe or guide public health activities addressing arthritis.
The following information is useful in planning or managing CDC cooperative agreements.
- CDC Funding
- Budget, Grants and Funding—Public Health Professionals Gateway
- GrantSolutionsexternal icon
- Grants.govexternal icon
- Department of Health and Human Services Payment Management System, Program Support Centerexternal icon
CDC-Funded Arthritis Program Partners and Past Notice of Funding Announcements (NOFO)
- CDC-RFA-DP18-1803 State Public Health Approaches to Addressing Arthritisexternal icon
- CDC-RFA-DP16-1606 Advancing Arthritis Public Health Approaches through National Organizationsexternal icon
CDC has developed several resources that can be used to plan or evaluate public health programs.
- Framework for Program Evaluation
- State Plan Index: A Tool for Assessing the Quality of State Public Health Plans
- Program Performance and Evaluation Office (PPEO)
CDC Surveillance Resources for State Program Evaluation
CDC routinely monitors and reports on arthritis data trends and topics.