Resources to Share with the Public
Permission is not needed to print, copy, or distribute any of these CDC materials. All materials are provided in low-resolution for office printers. If you want high-resolution formats for commercial printing or are interested in customizing the materials, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also order small quantities of select materials for free or purchase large quantities.
CDC’s Appropriate Antibiotic Use Effort offers a variety of materials to promote appropriate antibiotic prescribing and use in the outpatient setting.
CDC’s information and tools related to appropriate antibiotic use in inpatient facilities focuses on improving prescribing practices in inpatient healthcare facilities. Patient education materials are available on preventing infections, which is critical to avoiding overuse of antibiotics.
- Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infections Materials
- Clostridium difficile Infection Materials
- Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) in Healthcare Settings Resources
- General MRSA Information and Educational Resources
- Patient Safety Materials
CDC’s antibiotic use on the farm effort promotes appropriate use of antibiotics in animals. In this capacity, CDC serves as a liaison among the public health community, veterinarians, and food animal producers, and builds relationships between CDC and the animal agriculture industry within the United States.
- Antibiotic Use in Food-producing Animals Overview
- Educational Activities to Promote Appropriate Antibiotic Use in Animals
- FAQs about Antibiotic Resistance and Food Safety
- Page last reviewed: October 4, 2017
- Page last updated: October 4, 2017
- Content source: