Resources and References
CDC Expert Commentary from Medscape
Update on Acute Flaccid Myelitis
Run time: 5:34 mins.
Acute Flaccid Myelitis in US Children, Update for Clinicians
Run time: 7:36 mins.
- Acute Flaccid Myelitis (AFM): What Health Care Providers Need to Know, COCA Call, November 13, 2018.
- FAQ by Clinicians and Health Departments [2 pages] NEW SEPT 2018
- CDC Updates Specimen Collection, Shipping, and Testing Guidance for Suspected Acute Flaccid Myelitis (AFM) Cases, COCA Clinical Action, March 24, 2017.
- Notice to Clinicians: Continued Vigilance Urged for Cases of Acute Flaccid Myelitis, COCA Clinical Reminder, August 27, 2015.
- Increase in Acute Flaccid Myelitis — United States, 2018, MMWR, November 16, 2018.
- Safety, tolerability, and efficacy of fluoxetine as an antiviral for acute flaccid myelitis, Neurology, November 9, 2018.
- Acute Flaccid Myelitis Among Children — Washington, September–November 2016, MMWR, August 11, 2017.
- Notes from the Field: Cluster of Acute Flaccid Myelitis in Five Pediatric Patients – Maricopa County, Arizona, 2016, MMWR, July 21, 2017.
- Outcomes of Colorado children with acute flaccid myelitis at 1 year, Neurology, June 14, 2017.
- Acute flaccid myelitis: A clinical review of US cases 2012-2015, Annals of Neurology, September 2016.
- Enterovirus D68 Infection in Children with Acute Flaccid Myelitis, Colorado, USA, 2014, EID, August 2016.
- Acute Flaccid Myelitis in the United States—August – December 2014: Results of Nation-Wide Surveillance, CID, June 17, 2016.
- Notes from the Field: Acute Flaccid Myelitis Among Persons Aged ≤21 Years— United States, August 1–November 13, 2014, MMWR, January 9, 2015.
- Acute Neurologic Illness of Unknown Etiology in Children — Colorado, August—September, 2014, MMWR, October 3, 2014.
- A novel outbreak enterovirus D68 strain associated with acute flaccid myelitis cases in the USA (2012-14): a retrospective cohort study, The Lancet Infectious Diseases, June 2015.
- Acute flaccid paralysis with anterior myelitis – California, June 2012-June 2014, MMWR, October 10, 2014.
- Recognition and Management of Acute Flaccid Myelitis in Children, Pediatric Neurology, Oct 20, 2015.
- Acute Flaccid Myelitis of Unknown Etiology in California, 2012-2015, Journal of the American Medical Association, Dec 22-29, 2015.
- Page last reviewed: November 26, 2018
- Page last updated: November 26, 2018
- Content source: