Tips & Tools
Select the right Act Against AIDS campaign for your work!
Choosing the right AAA campaign and campaign assets begins with understanding your larger audience, identifying segments within your campaign audience, and articulating what you want to accomplish with that audience segment. If you have not identified a campaign audience, consider these questions to kick-start that process:
- What are the HIV rates within your community among different populations?
- What are the testing rates within your community as a whole and among various groups?
- Which age group(s) are most affected by HIV?
- What programs are launching within the community?
Remember: You do not have to reach everyone at once and you can prioritize based on your community’s needs! You will use your community’s data—which help you identify the needed actions and groups—to point you to the campaigns that best fit your audience.
The AAA portfolio offers campaigns and assets to support the dissemination of messages and materials along the continuum of care—from testing to treatment—and for many different populations. Key information listed in the chart below can help you decide which campaign is right for your needs.
Find this and more tips for local health department and community-based partners in the AAA Partners Toolkit–coming soon.
We want to hear from you! Use this form to let us know how you are using Act Against AIDS resources and you may be featured.
- Page last reviewed: November 27, 2018
- Page last updated: November 27, 2018
- Content source: