Available HIV Tests
- Learn about the various screening assays, home test kits, and other technologies from the FDA HIV Testing Site.
- Learn more about rapid tests.
- Routine HIV Screening in Health Care Settings Tutorial.
- Find HIV testing state laws, as well as indications for and interpretations of rapid and standard HIV testing in pregnancy, from the Clinician Consultation Center.
More Resources on HIV Screening
Additional HIV Resources from CDC
- Act Against AIDS - a comprehensive communication campaign aimed at preventing HIV, especially in populations most affected by the epidemic.
- One Test. Two Lives. – a provider program focusing on ensuring all women are tested for HIV early in their pregnancy.
- CDC National HIV Prevention Progress Report – a provider program designed to help facilitate discussions about reducing risky transmission behaviors among your patients living with HIV.
STD Resources from CDC
- HIV testing is an essential component of preventive care for optimizing sexual health. Populations disproportionately affected by HIV are also disproportionately affected by infections with hepatitis B virus (HBV) and sexually transmitted diseases (STD). Other sexual health preventive care components include:
- annual Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) and Neisseria gonorrhoeae (GC) testing of all sexually active females over age 25
- annual screening for syphilis, CT, and GC of sexually active MSM
- HPV vaccine routinely for all females 11-12 yrs old and catch-up vaccine for those 13-26
- HBV vaccine for adults seeking care for STD or those who inject drugs or have sex with MSM.
- Information, resources, and recommendations on sexually transmitted diseases.
- Information on viral hepatitis.
- Page last reviewed: April 1, 2016
- Page last updated: April 1, 2016
- Content source: